A BIT ABOUT ME

For those of you who do not have facebook I am going to copy the bio I filled out on there to here for you to see, maybe smile have a laugh:-) Enjoy getting to know me a bit more;
Having recently returned from Ethiopia and learning many things about myself I will now fill this in: I have always enjoyed the simple things in life and taken time to be awed by small things. Helping others is a passion for me, caring for children, giving to those in need, listening to others. Having pure love and acceptance bestowed upon you allows you to bestow these gifts to yourself. I love to cook and bake for others, the moment when they start eating and there is silence is pure bliss for me. I can iron a mean shirt and a nice one too :-) Getting lost is an art form, wandering around and not caring where you will end up - joy!!! I want to travel more and be inspired by what I see. I want to taste, touch, see, hear and feel things people in other parts of the world do because it will expand who I am. I love to study other religions and learn about other people's faith. I am a happy person but sometimes things get me down. I get frustrated, upset, disappointed and that is okay, I am human after all. I must make choices and not always consider the outcome because a lot of the time the things I feared happening never did. (f.e.a.r. = false evidence appearing real) I am amazed when I watch a child learn a new skill, each one has a unique approach as each child is a unique person and their uniqueness MUST be respected. I am quiet in a crowd but once you get to know me I can talk your ear off. I do need time to recharge and value my privacy. I do not have tons of friends but the ones I have I would die for. I am a voracious reader and love to write. Music fuels my soul. I have gumption. I love fire, especially in a fireplace. I do not shout (except when I am excited then it is shouts of joy). I have tons of patience and am overflowing with compassion. I am a journey person so love to hear about peoples lives. How others are navigating their world intrigues me. I am learning to dance and found out I love jewelry. Candles - wonderful. Flip flops are the best kind of shoes and if I could spend a day in a hammock I would have the biggest joy bubble. I love museums, live theater and parks. My favorite place to be is by water, it is where I feel closest to God. Flowers are one of God's best masterpieces; I always take time to enjoy them. I have moved around in my life and Africa is home; it is where I am the best version of myself. I am happy to say that my heart is now cracked open and ready to be loved. I am enough, who I am today is perfect. My imperfections are part of me and it is all good. I am one of the most loyal people you will meet. I am opinionated but will always listen to anothers point of view, agreeing to disagree is so freeing. When I am wrong I will apologize. Numbers amaze me. I wish I could fly. I love photography; to capture a moment on film is amazing. Chocolate is one of the best ideas EVER!!! Letting go is good. Crying is not a sign of weakness or defeat it just shows you have emotions and that is alright. I love to take nature walks. I am grateful for so many things. I enjoy puzzles of any kind - jigsaw, crossword, you name it. I love when people laugh. I am not a good singer but love to sing. When it comes to organization my mind is like a game of tetris. Babies are like holding a piece of heaven in your arms. I am competitive and love both card and board games. I think holding hands is a lost art. Chivalry and manners do matter. Pajamas were a great invention. I love to sail and swim. Walking in the rain is a blast. Walking with someone in the rain is even better. Chicago has the best Pizza!!! Roller coasters - amazing. I want to skydive and hang glide. I want to learn French. I play with my hair. I like to take a few ingredients and turn them into something delicious. I marveled at the Great Wall of China and want to marvel at other things. There is beauty everywhere if you look for it. I must pray and meditate; it is food for my soul. I cannot kill a spider they are magnificent to me. The Great Rift Valley took my breath away. I value the time my friends bless me with. The color of some ones heart is what matters. Stepping out of the box is rewarding. The world is not black and white. I am creative and love to make things. Beauty is in everyone. I do not believe everything I think. Life is full of choices make good ones and make some wrong ones too (those may turn out to best your best decisions ever). Everyone comes into our lives for a reason. I will not let others define me. Treasure those around you. Tell the people you love that you love them. Life is short so if you need to sort things out do it before it is too late. One of the most beautiful sounds are the calls to prayer in Ethiopia. Hugs and kisses are wonderful. I need my sleep. I appreciate a great pillow. I like the weight of blankets on me. Naps are pure joy. Having a meaningful conversation with me when I first wake up is not the best choice. I love thunderstorms; especially at night. I must have ice cream now and then. Most of what I know I have learned from the books I get from the library and from living life. I have climbed a waterfall. I am awed by the beauty in nature. Young children are the most honest people. True friends are a gift and a blessing. The eyes are the window to the soul. I love my feet. Massages are amazing to give and receive. I enjoy a delicious breeze. Fall is my favorite season, why is it that we only get to see the leaves true colors just before they die? I have many goals and getting braver every day, look out world here I am!!!

No comments: