LETTING GO OF ONE DREAM TO BIRTH ANOTHER ONE!!!

A few weeks ago I spent the weekend in prayer and meditation over what is to come for me. One of the things I felt led to do was sell off all of the items I have accumulated over the years for the children I had hoped would one day be mine. I am human so I questioned God a bit, so glad He is patient with me. I asked for confirmation and a few days later while speaking with a dear friend with whom I have not spoken to since I arrived home she asked me whatever became of my adoption plans. I explained I had not done my home study before going and returning home to that nursery was very painful so I dismantled it and put it into storage. She then went on to say things verbatim to what I felt God had shared with me. The next day another friend said something similar so off I went to storage to bring back some of the items to list. It took a few days for me to be able to do this but list I have. Most of the items are selling and for good prices as well. Some of the items are harder than others but I have such a peace about this. The day I met the woman at storage to pick my changing table up was very hard. Once I pulled away I wept all the way home, not over the piece of furniture but the end of a dream. I am back on track and still going strong. I am almost done selling off the clothes and shoes. There are still many things to list but I keep at it every day.
The interesting thing is I do not even know what the future holds. For those of you who know me this is so not like me as I am a planner by nature but that is one of the gifts I have brought back from Africa. I do not have to always know what is coming but I want to be prepared for whatever it is. For you see luck is opportunity and preparation meeting so I am doing my part which is the preparation part and God will provide the opportunity. I would like part of that plan to take me back to Africa and God knows the desires of my heart and He has not failed me yet.

No comments: