OUTLINE OF 2010-2011 GOALS

I have recently begun to send out packets with stories from my recent mission to Ethiopia. It was while I was on this mission I rediscovered my calling - missions. My first trip was to volunteer in an orphanage, which I did, but I came home and now have clear goals for my return. I want you to see the photo above, this is Mulu and her sister. They live on the streets of Addis and we became friends. I was able to help them in many ways but I would like the opportunity to go back and get them off of the streets and into school. If these two girls are educated it will change the future generations in their family. I realize I cannot help everyone but for the few I can it will mean the world to them. I would also like to go back in a voluntary capacity at the orphanage I was at last time not only to volunteer with the children but finish a child care program I created for the workers. It took me quite a while to write it, get it translated, typed out and put together. I finished it just before I left so I will teach it upon my return. I will also be learning the ins and outs of running an orphanage from the woman who has run Kidane for over fifty years. I want this education so I will be able to help with an orphanage project begin in the near future. I cannot do this on my own and so am seeking help. I am looking for fund raising ideas that do not require a huge investment, prayers and donations. I am aiming to raise $25,000 to be able to go back for one year of what I pray is the beginning of a life of service. This money will get me over there, cover daily living expenses and help all of the people I aim to help. If I can raise more that would be great as the more I raise the more I can help. Please pass this blog onto anyone you feel may be interested or able to help, every dollar counts. Thank you and God bless.

No comments: