ONE YEAR LATER!!!

It was one year ago today (November 1st) I embarked on a journey that not only changed the lives of many children in Ethiopia but also my own. I was not looking forward to the arrival of today as I long to be back in Ethiopia, but it is here, and because I am so focused on the plans God has birthed inside of me I am at peace. I am still in the process of sending out my sponsorship packets so keep an eye out (if you are on my mailing list, if you would like to receive one e mail your address to me and I would be happy to send one your way)
I have such an urgency to return but also know God's timing is always perfect, not that that is always easy to accept but it is the truth. I know the little children I long to help on the streets are being looked out for by God, for His words states that He cares for the birds of the field how much more He cares for us (His children) Times are tough right now but image being a five year old living on the streets of Ethiopia, relying on begging to provide you with food each and every day. We are a blessed nation and many of us do not realize how blessed we are. Nothing here can compare with what a child watching countless other children walk to school in front of her and she knowing her day will be spent begging and not learning. There is no free education or truant guard to make sure they are educated. To go to school there you have to be able to afford the school fees, books and uniform otherwise no school. I am trusting that others are compelled to help these and others in Ethiopia and once I return I will do whatever I can to make many things happen. Thank you for your continued support and prayers.

No comments: